With the beer carbonating in my spare fridge and my mind set on brewing all grain, I'll ask for your help now. Sure I could figure it out on my own. I have plenty of books on all grain brewing, but, I want your help. Anybody want to give me a stream of conscious run down of how my first all grain brew day could be successful? How about the most important thing you've learned? Any help would be appreciated.
- sabco mash tun (15.5 gal conv keg) with false bottom
- similar style hot liquor tank and brew kettle
- should I insulate my mash tun or direct fire it?
- what should I expect my schedule to be like?
- 5 or 10 gallon batch the first time?
- rice hulls?
- flaked wheat?
- batch sparge or wait for the fly sparge arm
Don't know all grain? No worries, leave a comment anyway to be entered into the drawing. Lets make this my most commented post :-)